List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Slight off-topic - Spam Buttons - extract attachment
From:       Paul Lesneiwski <paul () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2005-08-26 1:42:17

Ricardo Stella wrote:

> Paul Lesneiwski wrote:
>

>>Ricardo Stella wrote:
>>

>>>As I'm trying to implement Spam buttons, and have some trouble with it's
>>>functionality (specially with bounce_send.php), it seems my best
>>>approach is to to a forward as attachment as it will provide the best
>>>unmodifiied message down the road - this is to be procmailed processed
>>>and fed to sa-learn (on another host)
>>>

>>Have you done any of the tests I suggested in my last email?
>>Does it now appear true that forwarding works as expected even when you
>>leave that file alone?
>>

> Yes.  Unless I uncomment the lines in bounce_send.php, bounces go back
> to the original sender and not to the defined recepient.  Further, it
> ignores the settings on how to send the message out.  That is, SM is
> configured to send messages via sendmail, but spam_buttons is configured
> to go to a particular server/port, and instead the message is sent out
> via sendmail.
>
> If I specify forward as attachment, it goes to the newly defined email
> address, but again, the settings on how to forward the message are ignored.

Can you do any debugging?  The attachment code DOES NOT USE the file
bounce_send.php, so I don't know what relationship the two would have.
Using the bounce functionality, I can see that maybe Sendmail is trying
to outsmart you by redirecting the message, although it is odd that it's
not even using the right SMTP/Sendmail server either - again, those
lines should not have a heck of a lot to do with what server it uses!!
This sounds very anomalous to me from here, so if you can, try echoing
the $useSendmail variable at strategic points as well as echoing and
diffing the message source as detailed in my previous message.

Also, can you test with all other plugins turned off?

Thanks,

 Paul