List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    Re: [SM-PLUGINS] check_quotas
From:       p dont think <pdontthink () angrynerds ! com>
Date:       2005-06-23 13:54:52

Richard Thomas wrote:
> Paul Lesneiwski wrote:
>

>>Try sending an email to that user before checking.  Courier usually only
>>creates the actual quota information after a delivery.  What delivery
>>agent are you using?  Look for .maildirsize file in user's mailspool.
>>
>>-paul
>>

> I am using exim for the delivery agent.

courier/exim doesn't sound like a fun mixture.  you might try
integrating maildrop into exim as LDA which will unify all your quota
functionality

> A little more info: We are using virtual users.

shouldn't matter

> there is a maildirsize in my directory, it contains the following:
>
> 100000000S
> 60102301 5299

then courier-imap should see it.  you might ask on courier-imap list why
it does not.

> I am wondering if I need to be making exim use the maildirquota tool so
> that the quota usage is maintained. I was hoping not to worry about that
> (exim has built-in quota support

yes, but how is it supposed to know that you are otherwise using courier
quotas.... i'm not so sure the two can be convinced to work together,
but you should ask elsewhere

> ) but to be able to set and use courier
> quotas for certain users.

oh.  yuck.

> Part of the problem is that I have seen two ways in courier for quotas
> to work, the entry in userdb and the maildirsize file.It makes it hard
> to know which is the correct path to pursue.

userdb sets overall quota limits.  maildirsize file keeps track of
current quota usage.  i don't know how that file gets updated if you are
not using maildrop LDA.  i suppose imap could update it when accessing
the maildir, but i really don't know if it does that or not.  you should
take this elsewhere for better answers.

  - paul