List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    [SM-PLUGINS] failed install of abook_import_export plugin, now squirrelmail is not working
From:       Steve Ramer <wayne2th () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-02-17 15:42:49

I believe I followed directions coorectly, but now my squirrelmail is not accessible, \
and my web host tech support is now trying to fix my squirrelmail(v 1.4.3a).  I \
downloaded the abook_import-export file abook_import_export-0.8-1.4.0.tar.gz to my \
plugins folder.  It appeared on my system as abook_import_export-0.8-1.4.0.tar.tar
Using the file manager on my Apache web served site admin panel(Ensim Pro 4.0.2-7), I \
uploaded abook_import_export-0.8-1.4.0.tar.tar to my plugins folder.  I used \
putty.exe to run ./conf.pl Using option 8, I succesfully created a folder called \
abook_import-export and all the unzipped files appeared within that folder.  I saved \
the work I did.  When I view the putty interface now, it lists this plugin as an \
installed plugin.  But as I said, I am now unable to login.  I get the following \
error message when I try to login:
Error opening ../data/default_pref
Default preference file not found or not readable!
Please contact your system administrator and report this error.

Also, when I ran ./conf.pl it popped up a little warning which I did not understand \
and chose to ignore, as follows:
The file config/config.php was found but is for an older version of Squirrelmail.  It \
is possible to still read the defaults from this file but be warned that many \
preferences change between versions.  It is recommneded that you start with a clean \
config.php for each upgrade that you do.  To do this, just move config/config.php out \
of the way.  Continue loading with the old config.php?
Of course, I said yes.  Is this where I went wrong?  If so, should I have just \
relocated config.php elswhere and the install would create a new one?  Steve

 The all-new My Yahoo! – Get yours free!