List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Problems with avelsieve and utf-8
From:       Per-Olov =?iso-8859-1?q?Sj=F6holm?= <pos () incedo ! org>
Date:       2005-02-16 22:18:53

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 11.42, Rafael Martinez Guerrero wrote:
> Hello
>
> We are having problems with avelsieve when we use 'norwegian characters'
> (åøæÅØÆ) in a filter.
>
> F.ex. If we try to create this filter:
> If the header "Subject" contains "åøæÅØÆ", then file it into the folder
> INBOX.test3.
>
> We get this error message, when we press the 'Save Changes' button:
> Server-Side Mail Filtering - Error Encountered
>
> Server responded with:
> script errors:
> line 9: string 'åøæÅØÆ': not valid utf
> Please contact your administrator.
>
> Any ideas about how we can fix this problem?
>
> - We are running Apache/1.3.33, PHP-4.3.10, cyrus 2.2.10, SM-1.4.4 and
> avelsieve 1.0.1.
> - $default_charset in config/config.php is 'iso-8859-1'
> - cyrus 2.2.10 only accepts utf-8 in this version.
>
> Thanks for your time.

Do not try to add an out off office reply with extended characters (like åäö
etc) with the sieve plug in. Then the Apache server will go down and eat ALL
your system memory.

I have not seen that this issue should have been fixed in later releases. So I
think this and your issue needs to be taken care of. Unfortunately I am not a
php man myself. And I assume the author mr Alexandros is buzy as I have
notified him about the sieve extened char error earlier.

I have the same error as you AND the bug I mention above. I can't use this
VERY nice plugin in production as the whole server will go down. And I do not
know how to fix it.

/Per-Olov

--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE