List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Alias Plugin.. how?!
From:       "Tomas Kuliavas" <tokul () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-01-26 20:51:25

> Radwan Aladdin said:
>> Okay. I added the plugin..
>>
>> But it is saying: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
>> bindtextdomain()
>> in c:\apache\htdocs\aspam\webmail3\plugins\mail_alias\functions.php on
>> line
>> 20"
>>
>> What is the problem then? How can I fix it?
>>
> bindtextdomain() requires the gettext extension to be added or compiled
> into PHP.

In squirrelmail scripts don't need gettext support in php.

Scripts just have to load include/validate.php or functions/i18n.php

SquirrelMail v.1.1+ can use own _(), bindtextdomain() and textdomain()
functions, if gettext support is not present.

SquirrelMail 1.5.1+ can also use ngettext() function. If scripts want to
keep same php requirements as squirrelmail and use ngettext, in 1.5.1+
they have to use sq_bindtextdomain() and sq_textdomain() instead of
bindtextdomain() and textdomain() functions. There are some specific hacks
for php 4.1.x ngettext support. If scripts want to use ngettext support
without dependency on SquirrelMail development version, minimal php
requirement is 4.2.0 with gettext extension or own ngettext
implementation.

If you get gettext function errors, it also means that you haven't set
language environment in your scripts. Even when bindtextdomain() and
textdomain() calls don't produce errors, gettext functions will follow
default system locale and not the one that is used by squirrelmail. see
set_my_language() function in functions/i18n.php.

--
Tomas