List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    [SM-PLUGINS] Re: QOTD Squirrelmail plugin problems
From:       "David Guntner" <davidg () akaMail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-29 5:15:38

p dont think grabbed a keyboard and wrote

> CCing plugins mailing list, where this thread should be.

I'm not subscribed to that list, so if they don't allow postings from
non-members, please forward my reply there.

> looks good.  what about permissions on the qotd_login directory?  can
> the web server write to that directory?  And the fortune command....
> make sure it runs from the command line and then try running it from a
> generic php page to see if it's OK thru the web server:
>
> <?php
>
> echo '<html><body>';
> $sString = shell_exec($fortune_command);
> echo $sString;
> echo '</body></html>';
>
> ?>
>
> Make sure you don't have php in safe mode or this is why the fortune
> command isn't working.

The fortune command runs fine from within PHP.  As I mentioned previously,
version 0.5 of the plugin had no problems at all.

Directory permissions appear to be fine.  In fact, when I hit the
Squirrelmail login page on my server, it actually creates a qotd.html file
in that directory as it should.  It just fails to display the contents on
the login page....

            --Dave