List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    Re: [SM-PLUGINS] How to store preferences and addressbook from
From:       "Tomas Kuliavas" <tokul () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-09-26 11:57:21

> Hello every one,
>
> We are trying to figure out how to store preferences and group
> address book  from multiple webmail servers on to one MySql server.
>
> 1. The enviornment
>

> Webmail : Squirrel Mail
> Preferences : On MySql
> MTA : Postfix
> OS : Linux redhat ES
> Mysql On only one Box
>

> 1 Plugin loaded : Group address book with Mysql backend
>

> Two Webmail servers running Squirrel Mail on a DNS round robin
>

> The problem is :
>

> 1 how to set the squirrel mail  on both the webmail servers to look at
> the preferences , group address book and personal address book  stored on
> one Mysql Server.

read doc/db-backend.txt

make sure that you have mysql support in php

make sure that you are installed PHP Pear DB modules

make sure that SQL server can be accessed by both webmail servers. Some
installs might enable --skip-networking option in my.cnf and such mysql
server is not available to programs on other servers.

make sure that others can't access SQL server. Read your Firewall
documentation can control connections to 3306 port.

conf.pl -> 9. Database

> 2. Take backup of the table for protection against hardware failure

See mysqldump manual. (man mysqldump)

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Disaster_Prevention.html

You also have to setup SQL based session management. This requires
modifications in SquirrelMail scripts.

--
Tomas