List:       squirrelmail-plugins
Subject:    [SM-PLUGINS] addressbook with mysql
From:       Didier Bretin <dbr () informactis ! com>
Date:       2003-02-20 16:45:01

Hello,

    First configuration : sm-1.2.11, mysql-3.23, php-4.2 with PEAR

    I try to configure the addressbook for using with mysql. The DSN for
accessing the addressbook is mysql://root:xxxx@10.1.64.10:5301/sm_giphar. Mysql is not on
the same server as my php server, and we don't use the standard port. The sm_giphar
database is created with the table address is also created. Of course the user 'root/xxxx'
is working :o).

    I tried to take a look to the file functions/abook_database.php and I do
this:

        if (DB::isError($dbh)) {
	echo ( DB::errorMessage($dbh) );
            return $this->set_error(sprintf(_("Database error: %s"),
                                            DB::errorMessage($dbh)));
        }

    And the error message I have is : "not found".

    I have another php application (mantisbt.sf.net) which is on the same server
and use the same mysql server but not PEAR. And this application is connected
with no problem to the mysql server.

    I tried to do two light php files : one to connect to my mysql server with
mysql_connect() function and one with PEAR. The first connected but not the second.

    Do you have any clue for me ?

Regards.

PS: I have posted the same message on sm-user, sm-devel and on the news group for pear,
but I find no answer for now.
--
    .^.     | Didier Bretin, France | dbr@informactis.com    |