List:       squirrelmail-i18n
Subject:    [SM-I18N] ANNOUNCE: SquirrelMail 1.4.20 Release Candidate 2 Now
From:       Paul Lesniewski <paul () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2009-08-19 4:41:54

Hello,

The SquirrelMail Team is pleased to bring you the second release
candidate ahead of our next SquirrelMail version: 1.4.20-RC2.  Hot on
the coattails of 1.4.20 release candidate 1, we received some helpful
feedback from our friends at Secunia Research and have followed up
with another release candidate.  The risk of using the 1.4.20 release
candidate 1 package instead of this one is very low, but we encourage
the community to help test code that we hope to release as officially
stable in the near future.  Those who can upgrade to release candidate
2 are encouraged to do so!

For more complete details, see the ReleaseNotes and ChangeLog files
included in this release (in the doc/ directory).

This release can be downloaded from the SquirrelMail website:

   http://squirrelmail.org/download

Package md5sums
===============
94015fb018cb2165fdfb3c41fd2b8065  squirrelmail-1.4.20-RC2.tar.bz2
03523e8c7ad9d630988d5001c5743b69  squirrelmail-1.4.20-RC2.tar.gz
0fbceec5b9775e72be2b42d197761bc0  squirrelmail-1.4.20-RC2.zip

Package sha1sums
================
f1cdccfdd17d8974adc0b79aba44b62f98f78f64  squirrelmail-1.4.20-RC2.tar.bz2
11e1d8142d371f169bf14deec13659847e81b67b  squirrelmail-1.4.20-RC2.tar.gz
f5db20f0bb4fa822c5733fde2e08b7cadb9c67ea  squirrelmail-1.4.20-RC2.zip

**** The SquirrelMail team can use your help! ****

Attention all users of SquirrelMail:

SquirrelMail is currently celebrating 10 years of providing free, Open
Source Software to the world.  We have a lot to be grateful for and
many people to thank for how successful we've been!  But running a
high-profile project with all-volunteer labor means that the mundane
chores gradually consume all our effort and sideline our visionary
initiatives for our next big release.  We feel that the time is right,
after so many years of free service, to ask our community to
contribute to the project and support us in keeping up with ongoing
maintenance and development, and in speeding up the release of our
new, fully-skinable "Web 2.0" version.  Please visit our donations and
bounties page here:

   http://squirrelmail.org/donations.php

Attention developers:

We consist of volunteers developing the most popular open source
webmail client available.  We're looking for people to join our team
to help keep our product quality high and to continue to deliver new
and enhanced features.  Our project offers an interesting challenge at
the intersection of the IMAP, SMTP and HTTP protocols.

What can you do to help? Any of the following:
 * Develop new features: help out on making SquirrelMail "skinnable" or work
   with new technologies
 * Help sort and fix bugs: interact with submitters, find test cases and
   solutions to bugs
 * Support our users by answering questions on the mailing lists or the IRC
   channel
 * Translate SquirrelMail into your language
 * Donate to the developers: feed us nuts!

For more details, please refer to http://squirrelmail.org/howtohelp

Happy SquirrelMailing!
The SquirrelMail Project Team

--