List:       squirrelmail-i18n
Subject:    Re: [SM-I18N] SubFolders untranslated
From:       "Fredrik Jervfors" <jervfors () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2008-02-09 9:30:00

> > > i can't get INBIX.sent,INBOX.Drafts,INBOX.Trash translated. this
> > > words are also not included in the squiirelmail.pot strings. I have
> > > tried to include them.but the result is the same. my squirrelmail
> > > version is squirrelmail-1.4.13. please please help me what should i do
> > > to get this strings translated.
> >
> > You can't translate them, you actually need to change the folders'
> > names
>
> how i am going to change the folders' name? i mean folders name are
> written in English. i  want these folders name to be displayed  in
> amaharic language in the left  frame  when  i want to change the language
> to be amaharic. and when i change the language option to English they
> should be displayed in English. Please explain to me.

It's not possible in SquirrelMail 1.4.13, but it is possible in the
development version 1.5.2 (which isn't officially released yet). The only
folder that you can translate in SquirrelMail 1.4.13 is "INBOX". Being
able to translate other folders are not part of the IMAP standard and
might cause troubles, and hasn't been a feature in 1.4 for those reasons.

If you know some PHP you might be able to back-port the folder
translations. The code is in "functions/imap_mailbox.php".

Sincerely,
Fredrik