List:       squirrelmail-i18n
Subject:    Re: [SM-I18N] arabic - ltr not rtl
From:       "Tomas Kuliavas" <tokul () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-08-16 8:00:05

> How can I enable displaying�arabic characters in SM without changing
> orientation to rtl?
>
> The Options > Language : Arabic changes all dispaly and menus to rtl
> eventhough they are in�english which is inconvienent. Rtl will be usefull
> for an all arabic interface. I need to enable dispalying arabic for all
> users.

functions/i18n.php
--------
$languages['ar']['NAME']    = 'Arabic';
$languages['ar']['CHARSET'] = 'windows-1256';
$languages['ar']['DIR']     = 'rtl';
--------
This is description of Arabic translation

from documentation block in squirrelmail devel.
--------
 * Array specifies the available translations.
 *
 * Structure of array:
 * $languages['language']['variable'] = 'value'
 *
 * Possible 'variable' names:
 *  NAME      - Translation name in English
 *  CHARSET   - Encoding used by translation
 *  ALIAS     - used when 'language' is only short name and 'value' should
 *              provide long language name
 *  ALTNAME   - Native translation name. Any 8bit symbols must be html
 *              encoded.
 *  LOCALE    - Full locale name (in xx_XX.charset format)
 *  DIR       - Text direction. Used to define Right-to-Left languages.
 *              Possible values 'rtl' or 'ltr'. If undefined - defaults
 *              to 'ltr'
 *  XTRA_CODE - translation uses special functions.
 *
 * Each 'language' definition requires NAME+CHARSET or ALIAS variables.