List:       squirrelmail-i18n
Subject:    Re: [SM-I18N] cannot switch to any language with squirrelmail
From:       "Tomas Kuliavas" <tokul () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-01-09 16:25:37

> I have installed SquirrelMail-1.4.2 , PHP-4.3.4, Apache-1.3.29 in RedHat
> 8, and everything seems to work fine, but I cannot switch language under
> Display Options. It always stays on English. I have seen many people
> with this kind of problem, but no solution yet. PHP has gettext enabled,
> so I don't know what the problem is. Could anybody help me with this?

run command "LANG=es_ES date" without double quotes. Date should be in
Spanish.

If it is not, see localedef comments in
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/TranslateGettext

If php has gettext support, SquirrelMail translations work only when
appropriate system locales are installed.

you need to run "localedef es_ES -i es_ES -f ISO-8859-1" in order to
generate Spanish locale.

SuSE provides special package with glibc locales. Debian contains special
tool (locale-gen). Not sure about RH.

--
Tomas