List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    [SM-DEVEL] 1.5.2 svn 20230830 - Error on first login "Trying to access array offset on value of type
From:       David C Rankin <drankin () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2023-09-01 4:42:52

sqmail devs,

Server:

   Running on Archlinux: 6.4.12-arch1-1
   Apache/2.4.57 (Unix) OpenSSL/3.1.2 mod_fcgid/2.3.9 PHP/8.1.22
   postfix 3.8.1-3
   dovecot 2.3.20-2

Squirrelmail:

   1.5.2-dev svn 2023-08-30 update

   On login, I'm presented with the following error with the INBOX displayed:

SquirrelMail notice messages
Category: 	PHP
Message: 	Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
FILE: 	/srv/http/htdocs/squirrelmail/functions/mailbox_display.php
LINE: 	254

   I've looked at the line:

     $aMailbox['THREAD_INDENT'] = $aCachedMailbox['THREAD_INDENT'];

and it mush be considering 'THREAD_INDENT' type bool and it's unhappy trying
to index 'true'` or 'false'. It goes away after I select another view and come
back to inbox.

   There is another issue with the "Options/Display Preferences" settings not
being remembered and displayed as they are currently set. This results in some
set of defaults displaying, which enables javascript (don't like the look at
all) and sets the [x] Split preview vertically. This causes the:

   up-arrow[space]X[space]down-arrow to display in the top-right (the <td>
expanding and collapsing the preview). This is awkward and takes an entire row
to display.

   All of this is cured by setting use javascript to "Never" (back to normal)

   I thought I would pass along the error. It appears on load there is an if()
else that results in 'THREAD_INDENT' being considered a bool. But just looking
though the first 250 lines, it wasn't apparent where that came from.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

-----