List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [SM-DEVEL] Quota plugin and DirectAdmin
From:       "Paul Lesniewski" <paul () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2006-05-11 22:40:21

> I tried contacting all the Check Quota plugin developers but no reply yet.
> That's why I try this mailing list because after some nagging emails from
> my side to the DirectAdmin (http://directadmin.com) crew they included a
> way for virtual pop users to see their quota, they made an api for it:
>
> http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=643
>
> My question is, would anyone be interested to make an extra option for
> DirectAdmin quotas in the Squirrelmail quota plugin or could you give me
> some pointers on how to achieve this? DirectAdmin is a very common admin
> panel so I guess lots of users would find this very usefull.

I could help if I had some free time, but I don't right now.  However,
after looking at your link, that isn't enough information about how to
implement their API without other knowledge about their system.  Also,
if a password is required to be sent over an HTTP connection to the
server (unless it can be done to localhost), that is not all that
secure.  Furthermore, the output is not explained and only seems to
include usage information without any indication of the actual quota.

Please send further requests about things like this to the plugins
list.  This mailing list is only for core SM development issues.