List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [SM-DEVEL] Hotmail and Yahoo have added attachments
From:       "Marc Groot Koerkamp" <marc () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2005-10-25 16:30:02

On Tue, October 25, 2005 21:28, drop@geshu.com wrote:
> Hi everyone, I have Squirrelmail 1.5 installed on the following system:
>

> Windows 2000 Advanced server
> PHP5
> Perl
> hMailserver
>
> Everything works great except when a user receives an email from Yahoo or
>  Hotmail there is an extra attachment [Untitled -] in the email.  The
> attachment simply has the body of the email in it and nothing else.  How
> can I turn that of or get rid of the extra attachments?  I send email
> through outlook or eudora and I dont see those extra attachments.  Even
> when I use outlook to send through Hotmail, i dont get the extra
> attachment but when the web based hotmail or Yahoo is used there is one.
>
> BTW 1.45 also has this hapening for me.

Probably this is because it's a multipart/alternative message containing a
text/plain and a text/html part. The text or html part is displayed
(depending on your setting "always show html mail" and the other part is
shown as attachment.
If you default show the html mail and it has some fancy coloring you would
see that the attached text/plain part doesn't contain it.

Regards,

Marc Groot Koerkamp.