List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [SM-DEVEL] sqimap_mailbox_list_all() not sorting mailbox list
From:       Alexandros Vellis <avel () noc ! uoa ! gr>
Date:       2005-07-06 10:30:24

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 21:52 -0500, Jonathan Angliss wrote:
> Seems to be sorted to me, but maybe that's just me. I've tested with
> the HEAD branch updated as of about 5 mins before this email.

STABLE has this, which seems strange to me.

  if(is_array($boxes)) {
        //sort ($boxes);
		/* Fix folder sorting for cyrus. */

        // 1) Other mailboxes inside INBOX.*
[...]
	// 2) Mailboxes outside INBOX (BB)
[...]
        // 3) User mailboxes (user.*)

Well, it looks like a hacked version that I could have written as well.
But I really don't remember committing anything like this, because it is
more of an internal hack than anything else. And I couldn't trace who
committed this and why, in the CVS logs either.

In order to do the sorting properly, the proper way would be to parse
the NAMESPACE returned by the server, so that we will know which is the
user namespace, the shared folders namespace etc., and probably group
them together. But, of course, this is more of a DEVEL branch thing to
do.

What seems more strange to me is that when I uncomment the sort() call,
the sorting is screwed up. :/

I'm confused :-$

> Do your
> folders contain any special names, any special characters etc? The
> only folder that seems out of place to me is my INBOX.Spam which for
> some reason my dev branch thinks is "special" and is under INBOX.Sent
> and above INBOX.Trash :)

I was only getting strange (unsorted) results in avelsieve, when
displaying a folder select box with all available folders.

But I just noticed that I have this in avelsieve:

 @todo Use "official" function sqimap_mailbox_option_list()

so I'd better go on and try if this works better than
sqimap_mailbox_list_all. I'll let you know.