List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    [SM-DEVEL] Advanced folder tree
From:       Bob Cottingham <bob () bobnvic ! com>
Date:       2005-04-27 15:14:32

With the recent talk about the listbox style and the "Folders" title, I
thought I'd look at the advanced tree option again. I have a few questions
and comments.

1. What is the "Save Folder Tree" button for? It isn't readily apparent to
me as the folder list keeps the same appearance between login sessions
regardless and I have no idea what else it could mean. This button takes
up a lot of space and looks rather poor, especially for something that I
can't even determine what it does. I commented it out of the code and
everything seems to be working fine and certainly looks better, although
I'm sure it was put there for a good reason.

2. Is there a reason that a border was put around the folder list area and
it was given a different background color? With the default theme it
certainly does make the folder text easier to read, but it looks rather
odd to me, espically with the rather large margins and padding on the
sides. In IE6 the folder list text was also quite small although it was
fine in Firefox 1.0.3 (same size as text in the message view). It was easy
enough to change the code to make it appear like the standard folder view
(no border, same background color, smaller margins and padding), although
I had to comment out the text size in order to get it to appear similar in
size in both IE6 and Firefox 1.0.3. Is there any point to even discussing
this or should we just be adapting it to templates and then discuss
default styling?

Other than these cosmetic comments and uncertainty about the "Save Folder
Tree" button, the code works well for me in IE6 and Firefox 1.0.3.

Bob Cottingham