List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [SM-DEVEL] Archiving and Information Management
From:       "Thijs Kinkhorst" <kink () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2005-04-20 16:18:23

On Wed, April 20, 2005 16:27, Fernando Maior wrote:
> I just grab an email account in Gmail. One of the features of it
> seems very interesting to me: archiving.

It sounds like an interesting feature, but pretty hard to implement in
SquirrelMail. The problem is that SM doesn't access the mail storage
directly but does so through an IMAP server; SM therefore does not know
anything about how its stored (maildir, mbox file, database) and can't
influence that.

You can only implement this if you have knowledge and direct access to the
mail store from the client (like GMail indeed has).

Regards,
Thijs