List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [SM-DEVEL] Kodak PictureCD attachments unreadable
From:       "Marc Groot Koerkamp" <marc () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2004-09-30 11:40:42

> Hello,
>

> I'm having some trouble with a pair of messages from Kodak's "Picture
> CD" service. The problem? When viewing the message, Squirrelmail thinks
> it doesn't have any attachments (when, in fact, it does).
>

> When forwarding the messages, squirrelmail can see the attachments, and
> if you forward the message to yourself, suddenly you can get at the
> attachments. Also, using the message details plugin, you can see the
> entire message structure correctly (although none of the attachments
> have names). These messages are viewable, with attachments and
> everything, if I use a mail reader like mutt or pine.
>

> All other messages work fine. I suspect the MIME-encoding triggers some
> sort of corner-case in Squirrelmail, but I don't know enough to be able
> to locate it more specifically.
>

> I'm running Squirrelmail 1.4.3a on Debian (from the package).
>

> IMAP Server: BincImap 1.2.9
> PHP: 4.3.4-4
> Web Server: Apache 1.3.31-2
> Plugins: compatibility, gpg, delete_move_next, squirrelspell,
> abook_take, listcommands, calendar, filters, fortune, message_details,
> mail_fetch, sent_subfolders, newmail, select_range, qotd_login, vlogin.
>

> The messages, in Maildir format, are here:
> http://www.memoryhole.net/~kyle/maildir.tar.bz2
>

> Any idea what might be going wrong? What might need to be fixed?
> I tried asking the squirrelmail-users mailing list, but nobody seemed to
> have a clue... hopefully there's someone on the devel list that might be
> able to help me.

Yes, the photo's are part of a multipart/related text/html message. Because you do \
not default show text/html messages the text/plain part is displayed which does not \
contain the embedded images as in the html version of it.

Go to options -> display preferences and enable default show html mail and your \
problem is solved.

Regards,

Marc Groot Koerkamp.