List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [SM-DEVEL] Sort by date seems wrong.!
From:       Jonathan Angliss <jon () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2004-09-13 3:59:30

Hello Jesper,

> I think I probably have found a bug when sorting by "date".

> It seems like it sorts by the last timestamp in the headers where the
> mailserver has stamped it and not the timestamp set by the sending
> computer.

> This is probably by intention, cause I can se that if the clock is wrong
> on the sending computer, then it works fine.

It is an option.  Using it makes the sort faster for most IMAP servers
because they can sort by the atime on the file instead of the internal
date of the email.  Take a look at options, display preferences, and
check this option:

  Enable Sort by of Receive Date

If set to "yes" then it'll use the received date (the last delivery
time on the server), if no, then it'll use the "Date" header from the
email.

--
Jonathan Angliss <jon@squirrelmail.org>