List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [SM-DEVEL] another "ERROR : Bad or malformed request" bug
From:       Simon Byrnand <simon () igrin ! co ! nz>
Date:       2003-11-18 3:20:54

At 09:52 11/09/2003 +0200, Marc Groot Koerkamp wrote:
>Simon Byrnand said:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > One of our users has stumbled across another bug (one was fixed in 1.4.1)
> > which generates the following error message in SM 1.4.1:
> >
> > ERROR:
> > ERROR : Bad or malformed request.
> > Query: FETCH (FLAGS UID RFC822.SIZE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Date To Cc
> >  From Subject X-Priority Content-Type)])
> > Server responded: Bogus sequence in UID FETCH
> >
> > The headers of the triggering message are:
> >
> >  From qvh6tuor@jaidhauserhilda@gmx.at  Thu Sep  4 19:38:42 2003
> > From: "Margarita Corcoran" <qvh6tuor@jaidhauserhilda@gmx.at>
> > To: censored@igrin.co.nz
> > Date: Wed, 03 Sep 03 16:35:39 GMT
> >
> > To trigger the bug, you click on the sort tag next to "From" in the folder
> > list (sort=3 in the .prefs file) and the above error message will appear.
> >
> > I've manually tracked it down to having *two* @'s in the email address in
> > the From: header, changing the bogus @ back to a . causes the error to go
> > away.
> >
> > Before anyone points out that such an address is bogus, the message in
> > question is spam, as detected by our spam filter system, and diverted into
> > a seperate IMAP folder. In any case this needs to be handled robustly...
> >
> > Hopefully a fix for this can find its way in before 1.4.2 :)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Simon
> >

>Could you try the latest cvs snapshot from our site?
>
>The error you mentioned was probably fixed a few weeks after the release
>of 1.4.1.
>
>Regards,
>
>Marc Groot Koerkamp.

Hi Marc,

This is a very late reply (2 months later :) just to let the developers
know that 1.4.2 does indeed fix this problem, even though it is not
mentioned in the Changelog. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to try a
CVS version or look into the problem any further back then, however
updating to 1.4.2 today has fixed it.

Thanks all :)

Regards,
Simon Byrnand