List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    RE: [SM-DEVEL] Bug in Squirrelmail 1.4.x and IE - SOLVED
From:       "Jose Fandos" <jose.fandos () sonnd ! com>
Date:       2003-11-11 12:43:15

> Hi List,
>
> Two weeks ago, I have posted an email on squirrelmail-user mailing
>  list mentionning a bug with squirrelmail (v1.4.x) and Internet
>  Explorer (all version of IE).
>  (cf http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user/14148 )
>
> This bug is very annoying because I can't upgrade my squirrelmail.
>  So, I have try to understand the php code... and found the problem.
>
>  Here is my solution, I don't understand why it corrects the bug:
>
>    squirrelmail v1.4.2:
>     File "src/compose.php", comment the line number 761.
>     (the line is  "session_write_close()")
>
> Can anyone explain me what the problem was ?
> I am not a php developper :)
>
> Thanks in advance

Don't know exactly why, though I believe that there are too many ways to
compile PHP and somewhere it breaks. It doesn't work properly with the
session's code.

We have 1.4.0 and had issues with the login. Modifiying a couple lines in
the code (just regarding sessions) made it work reliably. On 1.4.2 getting
out, we tried the same trick on the code, since we wanted a few of the fixes
in 1.4.2, but to no avail. The plain vanilla instalation would log us out,
and the modifications didn't help. We went back to 1.4.0 and that's what we
have for the time being.

Regards,

	Jose