List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    [SM-DEVEL] Odd Message cutoff
From:       "Tim C." <tim () umbc ! edu>
Date:       2003-08-19 18:13:20

  I'm expiriencing a very weird bug in SM 1.4.1 with php 4.2.3.  Most
messages view fine, but I've found a few large ones that cut off at
random places.  I haven't entirely found the exact cause of the error,
although I've found the location of the problem in the SM code, but not
sure if it's SM or php.  It's in imap_general.php, in the function
sqimap_fread().  The code seems to be all broken in general, but I'm not
sure why it's all broken, cause it's not consistant why it breaks in SM.
The summary of the major problem with the code itself is that it looks
like this:

while( 0 < 0 ){
  do code X
}
if( you haven't done anything yet ){
  do code X
}

  Where the code X is almost identical.  The 0 < 0 is a variable
substitution.  It's not that obvious that it's 0 < 0, but it always is,
cause it's using variables that it always sets the same way.

  So that code seems to have been hacked to bits, but I don't know if
that's the problem or not.  I've been trying to replicate the problem
out side of SM, but having issues with php, and sockets, and fread and
stuff.  So I was wondering if anyone else had run into this problem, and
found a solution?

Thanks,
  Tim

Tim Craig            These are my opinions and not my employers. :)
OIT-Systems
tim@umbc.edu         It's hard to be serious when you're
                       naked. - Garfield