List:       squirrelmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [SM-DEVEL] Changing File Permissions
From:       Jonathan Angliss <jon () squirrelmail ! org>
Date:       2003-03-14 20:02:24

Hello Micah,
On Friday, March 14, 2003, Micah Morton wrote...

> When files such as myname.pref, or notes or bookmarks, or sig's...
> they are all written as apache.. pref files are written with 600
> permissions, and that isn't good for me, because I cannot read them
> or delete them or change them.

I just had another idea for you.  I'm assuming the data/ folder is
still owned by your user yes?  Change the permissions of the folder so
that all files under it are group owned by you.  There is a sticky bit
option in chmod that'll do that.  For example:

  chown apache:youruser data/
  chmod 2750 data/

What happens now is that any file created under data is automatically
in your group. Then all you need to do is chmod the file so that you
can read it... To do that, change the line I mentioned in the previous
email.

--
Jonathan Angliss
(jon@squirrelmail.org)