List:       squidguard
Subject:    Re: New project: chastity
From:       "Ivan E. Moore II" <rkrusty () tdyc ! com>
Date:       2001-12-14 9:13:49

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 10:04:37AM +0100, Roy-Magne Mo wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 01:48:18AM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> >
> > I currently package up the blacklists and squidguard for Debian so I could
> > easily migrate the blacklists to a chastity-list package instead.
>
> What I do at moment is, download the latest blacklist if there is a new
> one, and combine that one with a smaller one I have, generate tar-file,
> spec-file and build rpms, generate apt-repository and rsync repository.
>
> Putting deb in the should be easy.
>
> The script:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/chastity/chastity-scripts/\
> build_rpms.sh?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>
> The idea is to gather blacklists from other sources too.
>
> So if you would do the debs, it would be great :)

I'm working on it right now actually.  The only thing I'd like to work out
(which I haven't bothered to do yet with my current blacklist package) is
a way for local admins to modify (add/remove) entries and be able to
maintain those changes through an upgrade.

It would be nice if we had a way for local admins to have local overrides
for the db files.  Not sure if that's possible or not but it would be nice. :)

anyways..I'm committed to the Debian portion of this.  In fact I'll do an
upload to Debian here soon so that it can make it into the 3.0 release before
the freeze hits.

Ivan