List:       squidguard
Subject:    Re: Installing debian package
From:       "Ivan E. Moore II" <rkrusty () tdyc ! com>
Date:       2001-11-29 9:58:33

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:25:45AM +0000, Nigel Pauli wrote:
> I already run squid on a box running debian potato and I now want to
> install squidguard1.1.9-20010614-4 from testing. Doing 'apt-get install
> squidguard' brought up a list of new packages to be installed including
> squid - which I already have installed and running!
>
> Is this a problem or does apt-get work round it? Has anyone else
> installed this package?

it'll only install squid if you don't have the squid package installed.

here is it's deps...

   Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libdb3 (>= 3.2.9-1), perl, squid, liburi-perl, libwww-perl, debconf

so if you manually built and installed squid without using the package then
you might want to either do the same for squidguard or install the squid
package, overwrite it with your stuff after installation and then put the
squid package on hold.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II