List:       squidguard
Subject:    RE: Installing Squidguard
From:       "Rick Matthews" <Rick () Matthews ! net>
Date:       2001-11-28 21:21:30

The current production version of squidGuard is 1.1.4. Based on your
note below, you are running squidGuard 1.2.0. The download page that
allows the download of the 1.2.0 version also carries this warning:

!!! WARNING: STAY AWAY !!!
THIS DIRECTORY IS FOR SNAPSHOTS
OF UNFINISHED WORK IN PROGRESS ONLY
PACKAGES HERE WILL PROBABLY NOT EVEN BUILD OR INSTALL

Not everyone can afford to be as adventuresome as you apparently are.

As someone else has already mentioned, the Berkeley versions 2.7.7 and
3.x will peacefully co-exist on the same machine. My Red Hat 7.1
installation including the RPM for the 3.x version of the DB. I also
installed the 2.7.7 version from a tarball to support squidGuard. It
works fine.

Rick