List:       squid-users
Subject:    squid newbie
From:       andu <undo () cloud9 ! net>
Date:       1997-01-01 15:56:35

I need help setting up squid.
I have a box connected to the Internet via a modem and 3 other computers
networked with it. I get a dynamic IP address from the ISP and the local
network is 10.0.0.0.
I tried the basic squid.conf from squid site but with it or the default one I
can only connect the same box I run squid on using "localhost:3128" set in
Netscape's proxy prefs. anything else denies access.
I have some knowledge of IP masquerading which I use now and can connect all
boxes to the internet but squid seems to be different ;-)
I need to get this up and running soon since I have to test some ftp software.
Please help.
Andu