List:       squid-users
Subject:    Re: [squid-users] forwarding TPROXY squid and multi-ISP
From:       <ngtech1ltd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-08-21 1:56:01

Hey Vieri,

I am missing couple pieces to understand and maybe re-produce the issue.
What Linux and Squid version are you using?

A tproxy setup is using the OS network stack for selecting the proper source and \
destination addresses. I have not implemented such a setup for a very long time but \
it's possible that you will need a simple REDIRECT iptables/nftables rule for \
specific LAN traffic.

I'm not sure how would you apply the policies but what I understand is that you are \
in a TPROXY mess. A TPROXY setup should have a static routing rules and usually \
cannot use multiple ISPs on the SQUID box (assuming each of the ISPs provides a \
different IPv4 address) I can see the point in such a setup but to make sure it works \
I will need more information.

It's probably possible to use 2 ISPs if you have some kind of routing and iptables \
rules in place.

I am missing too much technical details to give you a way how to implement such a \
setup.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru