List:       squid-users
Subject:    Re: [squid-users] Squid 4.0.23 from Debian experimental
From:       Amos Jeffries <squid3 () treenet ! co ! nz>
Date:       2018-01-27 4:48:35

On 26/01/18 03:18, TarotApprentice wrote:
> A few issues with 4.0.23
>
> 1. It doesn't auto start (4.0.21 did) upon reboot, but can be started via a \
> "service squid start" command

It appears that you have to run "systemctl enable squid" manually after
upgrade to get systemd to learn that there is a squid.service file now
existing.

> 2. It seems to want to create the cache directories every time it starts up and \
> then complains that the directories already exist.

What do you men by "complain"?

Checking that the dirs are correctly formatted on each start/restart has
always been happening. There should be a _notice_ in cache.log about
what is being done and that they exist, but no complaints if they do.

> 3. When stopping it there are two assertion messages about ESIparser, but it seems \
> to shutdown anyway.

Thank you for spotting this. I'm working on a fix now.

Amos