List:       squid-users
Subject:    [squid-users] Reverse-proxy for site on Google AppEngine
From:       Will <vocalster.app () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-31 22:23:14

Hi,

I'm setting up a squid 3.1 reverse proxy server (accelerator) for my
website on Google AppEngine. The squid.conf looks like this,

http_port 80 accel defaultsite=my.public.domain.name ignore-cc
cache_peer mysite.appspot.com parent 80 0 no-query originserver
login=PASS name=gaeAccel
acl gae dstdomain my.public.domain.name
http_access allow gae
http_access deny all
cache_peer_access gaeAccel allow gae
cache_peer_access gaeAccel deny all

Squid redirects me to the Google's search home page.

As soon as I changed mysite.appspot.com in cache_peer to anything
else, such as www.yahoo.com, it worked. I've tried substituting
mysite.appspot.com with different sites on Google AppEngine, all got
redirected to Google's search page.

Any idea?

It's on Ubuntu Server 12.04, Squid 3.1.

Thanks in advance,