List:       squid-users
Subject:    [squid-users] Squid 3.0.STABLE5 is available
From:       Amos Jeffries <squid3 () treenet ! co ! nz>
Date:       2008-04-29 14:35:15

The Squid HTTP Proxy team is pleased to announce the
availability of the Squid-3.0.STABLE5 release!

This release resolves several problems found in the earlier STABLE 4.
Mostly centered around URL-handling and retrieval.

We have been getting a number of reports of certain websites producing
blank pages when viewed through Squid 3.0. Before reporting it as a bug
in squid, please read
http://squidproxy.wordpress.com/2008/04/29/chunked-decoding/

Please refer to the release notes at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/RELEASENOTES.html
if and when you are ready to make the switch to Squid-3.

This new release can be downloaded from our HTTP or FTP servers

      http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/
      ftp://ftp.squid-cache.org/pub/squid-3/STABLE/

or the mirrors. For a list of mirror sites see

      http://www.squid-cache.org/Download/http-mirrors.dyn
      http://www.squid-cache.org/Download/mirrors.dyn

If you encounter any issues with this release please file a bug report.
      http://bugs.squid-cache.org/

Amos Jeffries