List:       squid-users
Subject:    Re: [squid-users] squid handles first request only
From:       Marc Elsen <marc.elsen () imec ! be>
Date:       2002-07-31 12:29:21

Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have squid-2.4.STABLE6-6.7.3 running as a child proxy, with the main proxy
> as the parent.  So far, so good, until after the first browser request is
> handled by squid.
>
> Every request after that gets a "(110) Connection timed out" error.  I look
> around in the logs, and see no errors...  And the main proxy is working.

 How do you know that ?
 What version is the parent running ?
 On which platform ?
 On which platform is  the client running ?

 What is the 'network structure' between the client
 and the parent ?

> As I am completely new to squid, I need to know what information is needed for
> someone to help - I don't want to blast the list with a bunch of
> config/logs...
>
> Anyone interested?

  Test the client manually by ,for instance :

  % telnet client_proxy squid_port
  GET http://www.cnn.com/ HTTP/1.0
  <RETURN>
  <RETURN>

  Check access, cache.log on the client and parent,
  look for any relevant info and or errors.

  M.

--

 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM