List:       squid-dev
Subject:    Re: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r13247: Add ${service_name} macro to squid.conf processing
From:       Alex Rousskov <rousskov () measurement-factory ! com>
Date:       2014-01-28 17:01:37

On 01/26/2014 08:06 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> revno: 13247
> committer: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>
> branch nick: trunk
> timestamp: Sun 2014-01-26 20:06:15 -0700
> message:
>   Add ${service_name} macro to squid.conf processing
>
>   This allows squid.conf directives to be configured per-service by
>   expanding into the -n service_name parameter. The default is "squid".

> +	across all Squid processes of the current service instance.

Are we changing the terminology from "instance" to "service instance"?
Implying that there are some other, non-service instances?

> +	${service_name} expands into the current Squid service instance
> +	name identifier which is provided by -n on the command line.

Please document what happens to the expanded value in the common (and
default) case of no -n on the command line. The commit message mentions
that, but the macro documentation does not. This info is important for
those using macros in directory names and such.

Thank you,

Alex.