List:       squid-dev
Subject:    Re: [MERGE] Fixes to configure.in and build-test layer-01
From:       Amos Jeffries <squid3 () treenet ! co ! nz>
Date:       2008-08-25 13:47:30

Kinkie wrote:
<snip>
> Note that build-test layer-01, now that it actually builds, fails for me
> on Gentoo Linux on x86 with an error
>
> testIPAddress.cc:597:Assertion
> Test name: testIPAddress::testAddrInfo
> equality assertion failed
> - Expected: 2
> - Actual  : 10
>
> I expect this to be triggered by some ipv6-related option (or
> combination of options) set in configure by layer-01.
> This patch does NOT address that issue.

I've looked at that unit test a bit closer.
Looks like its the IPv4/IPv6 protocol family not matching.

When run the unit-test starts with a dump of the hex-bytes of two
addresses. Prefixed like so:
   SYS-ADDRINFO: ...
   SQD-ADDRINFO: ...

If you could post those lines from the failing test that should show a
good lead on the error.

Amos