List:       squid-dev
Subject:    Re: Squid-2.6
From:       Henrik Nordstrom <hno () squid-cache ! org>
Date:       2005-10-24 16:45:29

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:

> (a) it is possible to use "C++ as C"    and there are some resons for this  -
> more strict syntax etc.

Not a valid reason for 2.5. The language of Squid-2 IS C, not C++.

As already indicated, I do not oppose patches which makes your life easier
(which is a valid reason). But I won't accept patches along these lines if
they make my life harder in getting the 2.6 release together which means
that I prefer to wait with this until most pieces of what should go into
2.6 is there.

> (b) compatibilty with 3.0 reasons.  As  I have see there were a number of
> parrallel patches to 2.5 and 3.0

Just fixing up the "C++ does not like this" issues in 2.5 wont get any
closer to eleminate this problem. Until Squid-3.0.STABLE there will always
need to be porting of patches between the two trees (or even three trees
while 2.6 is under development).

Regards
Henrik