List:       squid-dev
Subject:    self_destruct
From:       "Evgeny Kotsuba" <evgen__k () rambler ! ru>
Date:       2005-04-09 16:21:57

Hi,

I see a number  of indistinct  places with   self_destruct    in
 acl.cpp

==========
self_destruct is good thing  - now  it say where is bad string not
only in my port ;-)    but there is still one place

acl.cpp ->void aclParseAclLine(acl ** head)

     case ACL_ENUM_MAX:
-      fatal ("Bad ACL type");
+      debug(28, 0) ("ERROR: Bad ACL type");
+      self_destruct();
        break;
     }
==========
Well, I see that  with using of   self_destruct   there are   Minor or
even  Major changes  in config  file parsing i.e.  while  earlier  it
was possible   to work with  some errors in config now it leads  to
fatal error.
I think that it is right step,  but why not to  write string to
 ChangeLog ?

==========
What are  strings  after  self_destruct ?
void
aclParseAclList(acl_list ** head)
{
	if (a == NULL) {
	    debug(28, 0) ("ACL name '%s' not defined!\n", t);
	    self_destruct();
	    memFree(L, MEM_ACL_LIST);
	    continue;
	}
=======
aclParseUserMaxIP()  has no any additional info   on the reason for
self_destruct

   error:
+   debug(28, 0) ("ERROR: aclParseUserMaxIP: Malformed ACL\n");
     self_destruct();