List:       squid-dev
Subject:    Re: Compile Error
From:       Henrik Nordstrom <hno () squid-cache ! org>
Date:       2003-10-10 5:13:00

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, WA Support wrote:

> Sorry about my ignorance here, but I don't understand how to wrap the
> MySQL header, my_alloc.h, so it can be used in squid code.

I would suggest you don't. Put your mysql code in a separate file which
does not include squid.h.

The problem you are having is not that the mysql header is calling
free/malloc/etc but that the header is using the name "free" for a
structure member and the Squid headers blocks the free/malloc/etc names to
make sure the functions are never used in Squid code.

Regards
Henrik