List:       squid-dev
Subject:    Re: Squid IPv6 project
From:       "\"r.venning\"" <r.venning () telstra ! com>
Date:       2001-05-25 0:33:31

Javier,

the code can be taken out of the CVS repository, the tag being "ipv6".
In order to compile successfully, you must disable wccp
(./configure --disable-wccp)

Also, in the squid.conf, incoming and outgoing addresses must be set to
either an explicit IPv6 or IPv4 mapped address, or simply set to "::".
The current default setting will not work correctly.

Finally, A6 DNS record chaining is not handled correctly by internal
DNS, although normal AAAA records are. Oh, and ACL's may be a little
interesting at this stage.

I guess what I'm saying is, most things work, but on non-default
installations, your mileage may vary. Get in touch with me if you
encounter problems. If your considering doing some coding yourself, it
is probably best to read some of my previous emails on the developer
mailing list archive (http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-
dev/)

Roger.