List:       squeakfoundation
Subject:    Re: [Squeakfoundation]re: release management
From:       Doug Way <dway () riskmetrics ! com>
Date:       2002-12-10 23:35:56

I basically agree with what Craig posted, especially the point about diluting the \
meaning of a final release.  The "Life cycle of a release" swiki page sounds like a \
good summary for now.

I had mostly [fix]es in mind when I brought up the list of ~30 submissions for us to \
review.  I thought that perhaps one or two very small [enh]ancements might be okay \
also, but in retrospect, sticking with the rule of "fixes only" for the beta stage is \
a good idea.  We are shooting for a final release quite soon (by the end of the \
year), so it won't be long before 3.5alpha is opened and we can incorporate plenty of \
enhancements at that time.

So, as much as I'd like to see the hierarchy & shrinking selection enhancements go \
in, they can wait until next month.

I'll post soon with a summary, taking everyone's feedback into account.

- Doug