List:       squeak-dev
Subject:    Re: RE: RE: [BUG] Low Space problem in 3.0 (and 3.1.3696)
From:       Bob Arning <arning () charm ! net>
Date:       2001-02-27 4:12:50

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:35:45 -0500 "Norton, Chris" <chrisn@Kronos.com> wrote:
> One thing that VSE does that is really cool is that it returns a walkback
> quickly (stack overflow)  when you have an infinite loop.  I don't have the
> faintest idea how it does this, but I think Squeak could benefit greatly
> from this.

Chris,

Now that you mention it, I have the vague memory of there being some limit to the \
depth of the stack. Which can keep you out of trouble, but also prevents you from \
doing interesting recursive stuff. I shouldn't be too hard to hack up a limit to \
stack depth, but I'm not sure how much of a blessing that would be.

Cheers,
Bob