List:       squeak-dev
Subject:    2.9 shift & option keys fail?
From:       "David N. Smith \(IBM\)" <dnsmith () watson ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2000-09-28 19:19:58

Hi:

I just did a complete update from virgin 2.8 files to 2.9  update 2710. I used the \
2.9 Alpha1 VM.

Prior to updating, the shift and option keys seem to work fine. Afterwards it looks \
like the modifier keys are being ignored. Opt-D replaces selected text with a \
lowercase d, and Shift-S produces nothing.

This is the second time I've updated. The first included all files but the latest big \
batch. The problem was not present there (though it had the yellow resize circle \
needing an extra click bug). I then updated that and it had the same problem.

I then started from scratch, figuring I'd missed an update somehow, but I still \
cannot do a DoIt or type 'Squeak'.

Has anyone else seen this? I've tried to load the latest batch in a project with a \
browser, transcript, and workspace but I get a walkback dribbled across the top left \
of the screen, seemingly from trying to write to the transcript. (See below.) I have \
to run in an empty morphic project to get things to load at all. There were no errors \
reported interactively, but some might have gone into the Transcript.

No one else has reported this so it's probable that I'm doing something odd...

Oh yeah: Mac PowerBook G3, MacOS 9.0.4, 36meg for Squeak, ...

Dave

28 September 2000 2:08:38 pm
MessageNotUnderstood: recordDamagedRect:
WorldState(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
PasteUpMorph>>invalidRect:
SystemWindow(Morph)>>invalidRect:
PluggableTextMorph(Morph)>>invalidRect:
TransformMorph(Morph)>>invalidRect:
TransformMorph>>invalidRect:
TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>invalidRect:
[] in TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>selectionChanged
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>selectionChanged
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleEdit:
PluggableTextMorph>>handleEdit:
PluggableTextMorph>>update:
[] in TranscriptStream(Object)>>changed:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
TranscriptStream(Object)>>changed:
TranscriptStream>>endEntry
TranscriptStream>>show:
[] in HTTPSocket class>>httpGetDocument:args:accept:request:
SmallInteger(Integer)>>timesRepeat:
HTTPSocket class>>httpGetDocument:args:accept:request:
HTTPSocket class>>httpGetDocument:args:accept:
HTTPSocket class>>httpGet:args:accept:
HTTPSocket class>>httpGet:accept:
[] in Utilities class>>retrieveUrls:ontoQueue:withWaitSema:
OrderedCollection>>do:
[] in Utilities class>>retrieveUrls:ontoQueue:withWaitSema:
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess
David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center
Hawthorne, NY