List:       squeak-dev
Subject:    Re: Low on space problem.
From:       Christopher Oliver <oliver () fritz ! traverse ! net>
Date:       1998-12-25 0:00:00

> But, whenever I try to do anything in it, I get "space is low" messages.

> What can be the problem? And the solution too :-)

Are you remembering to give a '-memory XXm' switch where XX is
some number of megabytes the VM has to work with?  There is a
lot of stuff in this image, and the default, 5MB, is pretty tight.
I usually start squeak with 16MB unless I've trimmed out many
things.  It's quite a change from the memory requirements des-
cribed in the Byte balloon issue.  ;-)

--
Christopher Oliver, Traverse Internet, oliver@traverse.net
  We've secretly replaced their web server with Folgers Crystals.