List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    [sqlite] SQLite creating disk file for memory db
From:       Abhishek <abhishek.ginani () teramatrix ! co>
Date:       2018-05-27 18:12:07

I tried to create a shareable in-memory database as per the documentation
provided on SQLite  Site. But I end up finding the solution to the problem.

*Here is my code in C#*:

 var connectionString = "Data Source=sharedmemdb;Mode=Memory;Cache=Shared";

            using (var connection1 = new SQLiteConnection(connectionString))
            {
                connection1.Open();

                var command1 = connection1.CreateCommand();
                command1.CommandText =
                    "CREATE TABLE Message ( Text TEXT );" +
                    "INSERT INTO Message ( Text ) VALUES ( 'Is there anybody
out there?' );";
                command1.ExecuteNonQuery();

                using (var connection2 = new
SQLiteConnection(connectionString))
                {
                    connection2.Open();

                    var command2 = connection2.CreateCommand();
                    command2.CommandText = "SELECT Text FROM Message;";

                    var message = command2.ExecuteScalar() as string;
                }
            }

If I execute this code, it will create in-memory DB named as **sharedmemdb**
and shared cache is enabled while making the connection, so this connection
accessible to other connections also. If I run this first time this works
pretty fine but if I close the application and run again it throws error
"Table Message already exists" and this looks very strange as I created the
table in-memory and this should not be available if application restarts.

After getting this error, I looked into the application directory and found
the file "sharedmemdb" which means SQLite is not creating the shareable
in-memory DB.

Any clue why this is happening?

Thanks
Abhishek