List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    Re: [sqlite] smartest way to exchange a sqlite3 database with another empty
From:       Domingo Alvarez Duarte <mingodad () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-10-03 13:09:17

Hello Richard !

Ok I missed this point, but still while fighting to use sqlite3 with big
databases I was thinking on some custom changes to allow sqlite relax
some restrictions:
1- Create a new sqlite reserved table for register attached databases,
this way every time a program try to open an sqlite3 database it will
look if this table exists and will automatically attach then, also will
allow views and triggers between attached databases.
2- For operations like "vacuum" and to force processes to reopen the
database another sqlite reserved table could be created like
"sqlite_open_instead" if that table exists it indicates anyone trying to
open that database to open the one indicated there instead, this would
work on any operating system (maybe not too elegant but it should work,
or anything else using a similar mechanism).

Cheers !