List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    [sqlite] smartest way to exchange a sqlite3 database with another empty
From:       Luca Ferrari <fluca1978 () infinito ! it>
Date:       2016-10-03 9:18:23

Hi all,
in one of my application I use a sqlite3 database as a log of
activity. As you can imagine the file grows as time goes by, so I'm
figuring I've to substitute it with an empty one once a good size is
reached.
What is the right way to do it without having to stop the application
(and therefore without knowing when a new I/O operation will be
issued)?
Does sqlite3 provide some facility that could come into help (e.g.,
connected databases)?

Thanks,
Luca