List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    Re: [sqlite] json1 as loadable extension
From:       Mark Woodward <Mark.Woodward () chemringts ! com>
Date:       2016-09-28 7:06:42

> > On 28/09/2016, at 4:22 AM, Mark Woodward <mark.woodw...@chemringts.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've built the JSON1 module as a loadable extension, and this loads fine if I
> > also compile sqlite myself. This is on windows as x86 (32 bit).
> >
> > I cannot get any pre built version of sqlite3.dll to load the extension, I
> > get "'error during initialization: '" with no subsequent message. (Tried the
> > sqlite.org binary and Microsoft package).
> >
> > The funny thing is that I can compile other extensions in exactly the same
> > way and they load fine, (tried csv).

> Might this be due to the JSON1 extension being included and enabled in the DLL?
> I don't use the DLL, but it looks like JSON1 is in there, based on the presence
> of many instances of "json" or "JSON" in a dump.

> If so, your attempt to load the extension is failing because another extension
> of the same name has already been loaded.

> The amalgamation (sqlite3.c) includes the JSON1 extension (among others) and
> enables it if built with -DSQLITE_ENABLE_JSON1.

> I haven't spotted documentation on which options are used to build the standard
> DLL.

Yes looks like it is included already, should have tried that first!

What confused me is that I tried to load it initially in DB browser for Sqlite, which \
doesn't seem to include it by default and will load my compiled extension.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Mark

Follow Us:   LinkedIn   |   Google+   |   Twitter   |   Facebook

Chemring EOD Limited, Ordnance House, Blackhill Road, Holton Heath, Poole, Dorset \
BH16 6LW, United  Kingdom.  Part of the Chemring Group. Registered in England & Wales \
at: Roke Manor, Old Salisbury Lane,  Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 0ZN, England. Registered \
No: 01528540 http://www.chemringts.com