List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    [sqlite] TCL link error
From:       <tonyp () acm ! org>
Date:       2015-11-26 19:57:27

I've been compiling new versions for a long time now, and I just noticed this (so I \
don't know how long it's been there).

Here's the relevant output from the compilation:

------------------
tclsqlite.c
        lib.exe /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:c:\tcl\lib /OUT:libtclsqlite3.lib tclsqlite.lo
libsqlite3.lib tclstub85.lib
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'tclstub85.lib'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0
\VC\BIN\lib.exe"' : return code '0x49d'

Since I have TCL 86 installed (and not 85), I build with this:
nmake -f Makefile.msc libtcl=tcl86.lib tclsh_cmd=tclsh nawk=awk.exe

I do get all executables / DLLs and they seem to work OK but I'm not sure what the \
impact of the above error is.  It's obviously a stub but what does the failure to \
link do at that point?  Do I still get correct binaries?

At any rate, shouldn't the libtcl=tcl86.lib define also take care of this?

Thanks.