List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    Re: [sqlite] unique constraints
From:       John Taylor <john () fcs ! uga ! edu>
Date:       2012-08-26 16:02:12

The circumstances I was thinking about is if you had many tables with
a column called 'name'.  If each table had a different name for the
constraint, then they could be differentiated.  Otherwise, it would be
nice to at least have the name of the table included in the error message.

Also, I just noticed this same behavior of foreign key constraints.
Even when they are named, a FK violation error message just says:

sqlite3.IntegrityError: foreign key constraint failed

Again, it would be nice for the error message to report the constraint
name and/or the table name. The rationale behind this is the same --
multiple tables could have the same column names and FK constraints.

Thanks,
-John