List:       sqlite-users
Subject:    [sqlite] =?gb2312?b?tPC4tDogCbTwuLQ6ICBJcyBTUUxpdGUgc3VwcG9ydGlu?=
From:       "mmxida" <mmxida () 126 ! com>
Date:       2011-09-25 12:35:49

Thanks for your apply, Michael, I'll keep that in mind.
BTW, I compile the source as a separate DLL for modularity, thanks for your
kind advice again!

-----ÓʼþÔ­¼þ-----
·¢¼þÈË: sqlite-users-bounces@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-bounces@sqlite.
org] ´ú±í Black, Michael (IS)
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2011Äê9Ô 25ÈÕ 20:06
ÊÕ¼þÈË: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [sqlite] ´ð¸´: Is SQLite supporting x64?

You can't call 32-bit code from 64-bit code or vice versa.  That's not
SQLite...that's any software.

So if you were to build a 64-bit DLL, distribute your application, and your
user then installed a 32-bit DLL things could/would break.

That's why many of us recommend compiling sqlite into your application if
you can so you won't have to worry about that.

You've picked up on what many learn by mistake.

If you put sqlite3.c in your project  you'll find you can compile either
64-bit or 32-bit and everything will work just fine and your users will
never have any problems (at least from 32-bit/64-bit compatibility).

Michael D. Black
Senior Scientist
NG Information Systems
Advanced Analytics Directorate